- Heating & Cooling Replacement
- Diagnostics & Services
- Whole Home Performance
- Geothermal & Generators
- Maintenance Programs
- Plumbing Services
If you’re like the average homeowner in Peoria, Bloomington or Pekin, IL, you likely try to avoid paying any more in heating and cooling costs than you have to, unless it’s an emergency and your furnace or air conditioner isn’t working.
We understand! You may already understand that scheduling heating and cooling replacement will lead to a decrease in your monthly utility costs, but the upfront cost of replacing may just seem like too much money.
But did you know that AAA Northgate can help you qualify for a number of incentives and rebates that can decrease the cost of important upgrades to your home’s heating and cooling, including hundreds of dollars available through Ameren’s Energy Efficiency Program?
If your furnace, boiler, or air conditioner is still working, why should you shell out extra money to replace it?
The answer is: long term savings! If your HVAC system is between 10-15 years old, it’s likely to be less than 70% efficient (meaning 70% of the energy generated by your fuel making its way into your home via heat, and the other 30% wasted), and you could significantly increase your monthly savings by upgrading to a much more energy efficient model. Today’s furnaces have efficiency ratings well above 90%, which means you’ll need far less heating fuel to deliver the same amount of comfort.
Electric air source heat pumps and geothermal heat pumps will save even more! But no matter what, replacing an aging or inefficient HVAC system will lead to more reliable performance and less costly repair calls. Over the years, you’ll be able to recoup your original investment in monthly savings!
Your utility company, Ameren Illinois, can help you save hundreds of dollars when you decide it’s time to upgrade your HVAC. Here are just some of the potential savings from Ameren’s energy efficiency rebates:
$350-$600 rebate when you replace your existing central air conditioning unit
$600-$1,200 rebate when you replace or upgrade to an air source heat pump
$100 rebate for smart thermostat installation
$500 rebate for heat pump water heater installation
While the specific amount that you can save on each home performance upgrade will depend on Ameren’s individual guidelines, to qualify for any Ameren Electric rebates:
Want to save even more when you make the smart move and replace your HVAC system? There are also federal tax credits available to homeowners who choose ENERGY STAR certified appliances—as much as $500!
To get the most out of your HVAC upgrade, make sure your insulation and air sealing is working properly, too. Schedule your free home energy audit and find out how you could improve your home comfort and spend less on heating and cooling today.